Enliven Patients Assistance Program (EPAP)
Orion Pharma Limited defines Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) as a concept whereby a company integrates social and environmental concerns in its business operation and in its interaction with its stakeholders on a voluntary basis. Orion Pharma Limited incorporates the CSR practice in the policy and has established the CSR as its 7th value as 'Share Social Responsibility'.
As a continuation of our CSR practice Orion Pharma Limited introduces Enliven Patients Assistance Program (EPAP). EPAP is an endeavor to provide Enliven at subsidised price or in some cases at free of cost for the underprivileged blood cancer patients in Bangladesh.
Founded in 2004, EPAP has served more than one hundred CML (Chronic Myeloid Leukemia) patients so far with a vow of maintaining this further.
Doctor's inspiration, our aspiration
1. Imatinib Mesylate (Enliven) is a novel medicine for CML patients. It gives hope to the hopeless CML patients.
To help the poor patients of CML, Orion Pharma Ltd. is running EPAP (Enliven Patients Assistance Program) which offers Enliven @ discount rates. EPAP is very successful and very much helpful for the patients of CML. This kind of humanitarian efforts to share Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) is appreciable. I hope that in near future many companies will come to share their social responsibilities.
All Physicians and Hematologists can help the CML patients through EPAP project.
I wish every success for EPAP.
MBBS, M.Phil, FCPS, FRCP (Edin), FRCP (Glas)
Fellow on Haemato-oncology
Chairman, Department of Haematology
BSM Medical University, Dhaka.
2. Discovery of Imatinib is one of the greatest medical breakthroughs in the history of medicine. Imatinib under the brand name Glivec has been saving millions of lives of CML patients' worldwide. Unfortunately Glivec (Imatinib) being a so costly medicine is beyond the reach of poor CML patients in Bangladesh. Orion Pharma Ltd. has come up with a gracious intent to fulfill the need of Imatinib at affordable price with same efficacy for these patients through the launching of Imatinib under the brand name `Enliven'.
American Max Foundation was running GIPAP (Glivec International Patients Assistance Program) for only very poor CML patients where they get this medicine free of cost. In this program only few patients are benefited. American Max Foundation stopped GIPAP project in Bangladesh after launching Enliven.
Being one step ahead on humanitarian ground, Orion Pharma Ltd. is running EPAP (Enliven Patients Assistance Program) from December, 2004. In this program the CML patients can get their Enliven at complimentary price. After starting EPAP project majority of CML patients are benefited throughout Bangladesh. Apart from business, this kind of Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) is highly appreciable. Nevertheless, I appreciate this program and hope the program will expand further.
MBBS (India), M.Phil (Hons), FCPS (Haematology)
WHO Research Fellow (Thailand)
WHO Fellow in Haemato-Oncology (Singapore)
Professor of Haematology, BSM Medical University, Shahbag, Dhaka.
3. Enliven (Imatinib) for CML is a magic drug. Most of the CML patients are highly benefited by using this drug. More than 80% patients get hematological remission within 1 to 2 month and about 50% have chance of getting complete cytogenetic remission. Once Bone Marrow Transplantation (BMT) was the only solution to CML but Imatinib and Nalotinib make the ways of event free survival. BMT is not always possible to do even where all the facilities are available; this is true particularly in developing countries like Bangladesh.
We feel proud for the Orion Pharma Ltd. who found the new way to help the mankind, not only considering business profit. They manufacture Enliven (Imatinib) and market at low price. They are also running a humanitarian program under the name EPAP (Enliven Patients Assistance Program) where all poor patients get their Enliven at subsidized price.
I congratulate and give thanks to `Orion' for such social commitment. I hope in near future they will extend their social commitment by bringing new anti-cancer drugs.
MBBS, FCPS (Haematology)
Specialist in Blood Disorders & Blood Cancer
Professor & Head
Department of Haematology
Dhaka Medical College & Hospital.
Patient's satisfaction, our aspiration
4. To CML patient where 'DEATH' is the only 'TRUTH'- Enliven brings hope to those patients by controlling this fatal disease. In our country most of the patients are coming from either poor or middle class family. It is very much hard and beyond their capacity to purchase this costly medicine regularly for a long time.
Orion Pharma Ltd. extended their hand of co-operation for these distress patients. As a guardian cum physician I give them my heartfelt thanks and express my gratitude to the "Orion". I also hope that "Orion" will always maintain this noble project for these helpless patients in our country.
Guardian of the Enliven patient
5. I was diagnosed as CML patients in 2006. Then I started taking Enliven on the advice of Prof. M. A. Khan, Head of Hematology Department, DMCH. But the treatment cost was so high and became burden for my family. Then I applied for EPAP. After being enlisted in EPAP, my family has become able to bear my treatment cost. Now I am very well and leading my normal life.
From my bottom of heart I wish the every success for Orion Pharma Ltd.
6. I am very glad to become a member of EPAP. I was taking Enliven from 2004 and still taking and I am well both physically and mentally. I am really grateful to Orion Pharma Ltd. to arrange such a program (EPAP). I pray and wish for the bright future of Orion.
7. When I found myself as a blood cancer patient, I was mentally broken down, my known world started changing rapidly. I was asking myself how long I am going to survive. Dr. Yunus Sir assured me that if I took Enliven capsule regularly, there will be no problem. I have been taking Enliven since July, 2005 and still now there is no problem at all. Sometimes my wife doesn't believe me that I am a blood cancer patient. Many thanks, to Enliven and also to Orion for manufacturing and marketing this miracle product.
Orion Medical Scholarship
Can you think about a world without a doctor?
Orion Pharma Ltd. congratulates the 'going-to-be-doctor' who already got admitted into the medical college and decided to sacrifice their life in exchange of bringing smile to the face of ailing humanity. Orion Pharma Ltd. specially salutes those geniuses who have got admitted into medical college overcoming the hurdles of financial constraints. But getting admitted into the medical college is not enough to fulfill this long cherished dream. Orion Pharma Ltd. has decided to be with these masterminds in this voyage towards a noble mission by offering scholarship to those medical students of the country who cannot afford the exorbitant cost of medical education.
Number of Scholarship
20 (twenty) students from different Govt. Medical Colleges
4 (four) students from each academic year (1st year to 5th year)
Who can apply
All poor and meritorius students of each year (1st year to 5th year) from different Govt. Medical Colleges
How to apply
Please download the application form from our website (www.orionpharmabd.com), fill up and send with necessary documents to Orion Pharma Welfare Trust, Orion House: 153-154 Tejgaon Industrial Area, Dhaka-1208
- Forwarding letter (Recommended by the Principal)
- Filled up application form
- Photocopy of National ID card
- Acknowledgement paper from proper authority (Ward Commissioner/UP Chairman/Employer) regarding guardian's yearly income
- Acknowledgement paper from Principal of respective Medical College regarding merit position in professional examination
- Two recent passport size photographs (Attested by a first class gadgeted officer)
- Attested photocopy of all academic certificates and mark sheets (Attested by a first class gadgeted officer)
- Attested photocopy of registration from the respective Medical College (Attested by a first class gadgeted officer)
- Documents of any other scholarships from any other organization
Powered By : Soft & Tech